Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: os::DirectoryView classs Reply with quote

DESCRIPTION:
I personally like the look and feel of Orthodox File Managers. I have been playing around with Manager v0.0.1
which I found on the internet. The os::DirectoryView class has been pulled from the Syllable API, so I am static
linking using an old dead directoryview.cpp file at 'http://syllable.cvs.sourceforge.net'.

I would guess that os::DirectoryView is a class that came from the BeOS developers.

The initial commits files in this class compile OK, but from directoryview.cpp Revision 1.4 there is a change that
adds const to 2 of the members, that will give a compile error.
I don't know the commit decision, but the os::DirectoryView class MAY have been pulled because of this compile
error on a class that was considered old fashioned.

This is a very minor fix, that hopefully will see this useful, historic and lightweight class ADDED back in the API.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMPILE ERROR:
directoryview.cpp:1643: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type 'os::FileRow'
/system/include/gui/directoryview.h:56: note: because the following virtual functions are pure within 'os::FileRow':
/system/include/gui/listview.h:61: note: virtual float os::ListViewRow::GetWidth(os::View*, int)
/system/include/gui/listview.h:62: note: virtual float os::ListViewRow::GetHeight(os::View*)

LISTVIEW.H:
/system/include/gui/listview.h
virtual float GetWidth( View* pcView, int nColumn ) = 0;
virtual float GetHeight( View* pcView ) = 0;

DIRECTORYVIEW.H:
/system/include/gui/directoryview.h
virtual float GetWidth( View* pcView, int nIndex ) const;
virtual float GetHeight( View* pcView ) const;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUGFIX:
DIRECTORYVIEW.H: change line 64 and line 65, and remove the const declarations
virtual float GetWidth( View* pcView, int nColumn );// const;
virtual float GetHeight( View* pcView );// const;

DIRECTORYVIEW.CPP: change line 2389 and line 2451, and remove the const declarations
float FileRow::GetWidth( View * pcView, int nColumn )// const
float FileRow::GetHeight( View * pcView )// const

SUMMARY:
os::DirectoryView class is derived from os::ListView class.
There is a difference in the declaration of virtual members GetWidth() and GetHeight().
The Revision 1.6 commit of directoryview.cpp to sourceforge, has const ADDED to members virtual GetWidth()
and virtual GetHeight(), and this is in conflict with the os::ListView base class.
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, DirectoryView is still in LibSyllable. Here's the current documentation, I would guess for Syllable 0.6.6:

http://development.syllable.org/documentation/API/LibSyllable/classos_1_1DirectoryView.html

It was written for AtheOS by Kurt Skauen. What I remember is that there is a successor, IconDirectoryView written for Syllable by Arno Klenke mainly:

http://development.syllable.org/documentation/API/LibSyllable/classos_1_1IconDirectoryView.html

It derives from IconView instead of ListView.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Bugs - Fixed All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: