Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hardware list

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronaldlees

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Hardware list Reply with quote

I think it would be interesting to see how people are running Syllable. It might be helpful for people to see what type of hardware works best, for those people who want to run Syllable directly on hardware, versus Qemu or Vbox.

I know Syllable does fairly well on Dell and older Compaq equipment (though not all models) - while I've had poor results trying to use netbooks (MSI in particular). Some older PCs will work if the BIOS is set up differently than the default. I had one old PC that worked only if half the Plug N' Play interrupts were disabled. It would be better to have exact model numbers, (which I haven't supplied here Sad ) and chipsets.

Do people prefer Vbox or Qemu for emulation? Etc, etc. What say?
jaspras

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think anybody outside Greece knows this brand that I am running syllable but specs are fairly old
Intel pentium 4 2.0 gigs
2 gigs memory
80 gigs had
Intel 945 chipset
Intel graphics card
Laptop
jaspras

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry
80 gigs hdd....
Posting from a Shitty android, phone....
Ronaldlees

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jaspras"]Well I don't think anybody outside Greece knows this brand that I am running syllable but specs are fairly old
Intel pentium 4 2.0 gigs
2 gigs memory
80 gigs had
Intel 945 chipset
Intel graphics card
Laptop[/quote]

@jaspras: Thanks for the info. That sounds like a home brew setup, I'd guess. I've had a few of those. The chipset info is good. I wonder if Syllable has an official hardware list. I'm sure Kaj will chime in with a link and make this thread moot, because I didn't search the site Smile
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not this time. Wink We used to have a hardware info site, but it was run by one of the later dissenters, and was overrun by spam. He took it with him when he left.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Syllable Desktop All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: