Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

64bit syllable is on the plan?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skywaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: 64bit syllable is on the plan? Reply with quote

i wants buy a computer with Athlon 64 X2 4000+ procesor and nforce430 chipset is this support in syllable, or in the future? i want buy low cost nvidia 7200 gt graphics card (pciexpress)...

how syllable wun on dual core?
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syllable runs excellently on dual-core. SMP is one of its strengths.

Syllable Desktop will probably not be ported to 64-bits soon, unless we suddenly get a lot of help, but Syllable Server will probably get there sooner.
wilsonk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Skywalker,

I am running Syllable on Athlon64 X2 4000+ and it works great. (I originally started things without smp support but now I have it on...just use disable_acpi=true and enable_ata_dma=false for kernel params to boot).

I have an ATI integrated video card so I can't comment on the nvidia. There was one issue with the Gigabit Ethernet card (but I am porting the driver for it now, if I can). This is the newer Yukon Lite rev 9 card which requires the sky2 driver.

Thanks,
K.Wilson
skywaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: my hardware Reply with quote

i have this mainboard: Gigabyte M52s-s3p... this have nforce430 chipset... in the wednesday i go buy a procesor Smile Athlon X2 and i test syllable and write something about run syllable on this computer...
skywaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: syllable Reply with quote

i must say that i am old syllable user but now i dont have installed syllable becouse i have problem with stability of syllable...

1. when syllable crash or i turn of computer then AFS partition has corupted and syllable dont want boot.
2. problem with stability of ABrowse...
3. there is not a ICQ/Jabber client.. yes you can say that ICQ is shit but i have more friends who are windows users and i want with my friends comunicate..

what i must say that is good on syllable .... usb and sata support and graphics card support... i never have problem with play multimedia on syllable... this is good..

what i want make for syllable? i want make graphics aplication installer for easy one click install apliacations.. i know C and C++ and i learn Ruby too.

when i buy a new computer i want have 2 os : linux+syllable.. i like syllabledesktop... i think that i dont use syllable-server.. the think to porting syllable to linux is good but i love pure syllable os think..
skywaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: my project for syllable Reply with quote

the name of my project of graphical installer for one click aplications is "EasyInstall"

http://www.skywaker.7crows.net/ftp/Syllable/easy.tar

now is not function and i have been inspirated of examples from syllable poland homepage...

how it will function?
1. asociate *.bin or *.run file type with easyinstall
2. and after you only click on desktop to downloaded aplication and automaticaly run easyinstall who unpack package to /Applications folder...

you must only
1. download
2. click to icon of your package

what i support is
1. preview license
2. install aplication
3. upgrade

i want use libtar library for preview a files and for unpack..

Lukas.
cipri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps it should associete *.application files, I think this is the preffered file extension for native applications that should be unzipped in /Applications folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Syllable Desktop All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: