Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

make changes in icon object

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skywaker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: make changes in icon object Reply with quote

Hi. (at the first, please sorry for my not very good english..)

I have one think how make syllable desktop better..

1. the current view icon is text under icon in one line... when is long text then is text under a icon only in one line..

2.. they wants to make break the long text to more lines...

example text under a icon:

1. This icon contains a full text under a one line

example of new text:

This icon contains
a full text under
a one line

thanks..
Jonas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, thats a valid point. If you have a very long name you need to scroll horizontal which can be annoying. I'll fix that for EFilebrowser and perhaps a patch for the IconView can be made out of that.
EdG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed just now that the efilebrowser window outputs a lot of blank space between columns (seems to set a very wide column width which you cannot manually change) when a long file name is in the directory. I personally hate long file names but Ralink Tech's latest windows wifi driver has a really long name causing masses of space Very Happy

Any chance of something that tells us the shortcut for copying files with the file manager too? i know its ctrl alt something or other i've just forgotten... guess i should read the docs.
Jonas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strictly speaking EFileBrowser inherits the IconDirview and it is the IconDirview (or even the IconView) that does not consider the length of a filename. Unfortunatly Im quit busy right now with none-Syllable things but it is on my list of things to fix.

ALT: Create links
CTRL: Copy files
EdG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the view objects in general, how do they respond to different fonts / font sizes and different string lengths?

Is the file browser used as part of the application file open dialogue box or is it seperate because i've noticed a bug where clicking open in AEdit opens multiple file open boxes.
Jonas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking specifically about the icondirview or views (widgets, panels, controls) in general?

The file selector uses the same class as the FileBrowser: IconDirView. Any bugs you find in the FileBrowser should most likely also be in the file selector.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Syllable Desktop All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: