Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transferrer contribution question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
animeaholic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Transferrer contribution question Reply with quote

I'm new to the project and would like to help out. I took a look at the Wiki and thought I'd be able to handle the following two tasks while I get familiar with the code:

# Accept a url from the command line
# Change the name to Transferrer, the name which won in the poll.

I've also started putting together Doxygen style comments for things I understand. Are these still things that need to be changed?

Also, when I have something that's ready to submit for a change how should I go about doing so?

Thanks
Morph
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I'm new to the project and would like to help out.[/quote]
Hi! Welcome Smile. Feel free to post here with any questions or comments.

[quote]
# Accept a url from the command line
# Change the name to Transferrer, the name which won in the poll.
... Doxygen style comments
[/quote]
That would be great! Actually the code for getting a url from the gui needs some work too, to check the input for proper syntax, etc. Feel free to work on that too if you like. I can send you some code from Rick's Downloader app that might be useful.

[quote]Also, when I have something that's ready to submit for a change how should I go about doing so?[/quote]
We never got around to setting up a cvs or anything for Transferrer (yet), so for now, send me [anthony @ syllable.org] any changes you make (either a diff or a zip of the modified files) and I'll merge them in the quasi-official version on the wiki.
Happy coding! Smile
animeaholic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll go ahead and do that then.

I'll also give a try at performing some syntactic checks for the input from the GUI for the URL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Community Project All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: