Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Qemu and Syllable Server image

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aritc02

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Qemu and Syllable Server image Reply with quote

Just wanted to note that I just installed qemu and downloaded the server image and file and ran it on Syllable Desktop. It runs pretty well. Oh, I am using the 6.6 final. My congrats to the chef. Very Happy Too bad I cannot post a screenshot, but such is life. Very Happy I am not sure what else to play with while it is up but it at least gives me an idea of what is coming with the Server version.

Adam
aritc02

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I should take this other system I have - download v 0.3 and do some server setup. It does not bother me right now if it does not have a gui. I can certainly work with a CLI. Very Happy

Adam
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how you fare. Smile
aritc02

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at the installation instructions - I think I will wait until it has a installer. The instructions are not tough but I do not have a drive with linux partition on it already and the downloads for the live cds are too huge. I only have a 256k dsl connection and it would take forever and a day to download. So I will just be patient and wait for a installer. Not a big deal.
aritc02

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second thought...Very Happy I think I will install it. I found a live CD linux flavor that was only a 49 mb download. So I have prepared a live CD with that and I have prepared another CD with the extracted readme and Syllable Server tar file on it. I will follow the instructions and see how it goes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Syllable Server All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: