Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syllable 0.66 fail to install ( could not free mttr .... )

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcirsta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Syllable 0.66 fail to install ( could not free mttr .... ) Reply with quote

I was trying to install Syllable on an PC with an Intel i810e chipset from the CD i downloaded ( SyllableDesktop-0.6.6.i586 ).
No matter what option I chose from the start-up menu it still froze with the same error during the boot process:
[code:1] 0:init::init(-1) : Could not free mttr descriptor for base address 0x4587520[/code:1]
Also a picture of the screen when it fails cand be found here:
[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_otWwBvI6BIw/SpcAWAFqj7I/AAAAAAAACcE/x-byOuZRa3s/s800/SDC10381.JPG[/img]
Let me know if you need any additional info or if there's anything I need to do to test this.
Vanders
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Syllable 0.66 fail to install ( could not free mttr .... Reply with quote

[quote="mcirsta"]I was trying to install Syllable on an PC with an Intel i810e chipset[/quote]

I'm afraid the i810 is one of the few chipsets Syllable does not have a driver for, and happens not to support VESA 2.0 correctly so Syllable can not use the fallback Vesa 2.0 driver.
mcirsta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh , I see. So there really isn't any way to get this to work except maybe porting a Linux i810 driver to Syllable , right ?
Vanders
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mcirsta"]Oh , I see. So there really isn't any way to get this to work except maybe porting a Linux i810 driver to Syllable , right ?[/quote]

Porting the X.org i810 driver would be the ideal solution, but if you have a spare video card lying around you could pop that into the machine: Syllable is more likely to have a driver for most cards.
mcirsta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it's a small form factor PC with no upgrade slots at all. So I guess the only option would be the driver porting.
I'm not that experienced with C and have no experience in driver development but I might give it a try anyway, nothing to loose.
I'll let you know if I decide to work on it, might need some help.
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be very much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: