Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGP aperture size vs artificial 2GB ram limit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
demetrioussharpe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: AGP aperture size vs artificial 2GB ram limit Reply with quote

Be mindful of how large your AGP aperture is. I got crashes from having an aperture size of 512mb. My bios goes up to 1, maybe 2gb of AGP ram. Since 512mb was crashing, I jumped back down to a previous setting of 128mb, but I didn't try 256mb. Since no one is likely to rewrite memory management anytime soon, the workaround is to set your aperture to a lower number if you experience any crashes that are from 'sh-host' & complain about failing to clone memory. After a few such messages, you will also see messages that complain about not being able to shrink the block cache. The AGP aperture setting is usually found within your bios settings.

This should only be a temporary workaround, the memory manager really is in dire need of a rewrite!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: