Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GTK+

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogomips

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird. On my server 0.4, I tried Lot of versions of GTK with DirectFB, but nothing works and the computer crashes. You have compiled Cairo, Atk, Pango and Pixman before compiling Gtk2, right ?
Bogomips

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed other problems avec Geforce 6 card. The computer doesn't crash but it's DFB which crashes. For DirectFB, the result is different according to the configuration. Crying or Very sad
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compiled about eleven packages. Start with the GTK2--current recipe and follow the dependencies, then build and install them in the reverse order.
Bogomips

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, I managed to compile GTK2 on DirectFB(v1.0.0) with SDL as output without FBdev on Linux. I can run GTK applications directly into Xynth. I used version 1.0.0 of DirectFB by trying to do the same thing on Syllable Desktop. On Linux, I noticed some problems with Unique so I use "Default" as WM. "Windows" keys don't work in SDL under Xynth.So, to move windows into DirectFB, I use "capslock-meta" in "directfbrc" file. I already used MTPaint and GQview with this method. It works also directly in the console, of course. Smile
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh? The day before yesterday, I concluded that GTK doesn't work on DirectFB 1.0.0. Smile Or at least Cairo doesn't, I think. Are you using the latest GTK 2 and Cairo, or older versions?
Bogomips

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact,I use GTK+-2.10.14 with Cairo(FreeType+DirectFB) and Pango(FreeType +Cairo). I prefer use DirectFB with SDL and disable FBdev. It's good in a console and under Xynth. The resolution of window is fixed into "directfbrc" file with "mode=" option. For SDL output,It's very stable but not with recent versions of DirectFB. Sad
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Recent versions of Cairo don't seem to work with old versions of DirectFB, so for any chance to get the combination to work on Syllable Desktop, old versions of all would need to be used.
Bogomips

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but now on Syllable Desktop, it will be more complicated because I still have this hanging issue with the mouse on the SDL window. Sad
Bogomips

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, I watched the patch for GTK +-2.4.14 in Xynth and I feel that the author has replaced almost all of the code of Linux-FB with code-based on API of Xynth.
It may be possible with Syllable Desktop, right? hoping that the passage from Xynth to Syllable is not too complicated. Confused
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, but a native Syllable backend should best be based on the latest GTK+ 3, lest it not be outdated right away. GTK 3 is redesigned to be more portable, so it should be easier to write a Syllable backend. In any case, first GTK must be ported to begin with, using one of the existing backends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Syllable Server All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: