Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dvorak layout is 'incorrect'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doneill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Dvorak layout is 'incorrect' Reply with quote

For anybody else using Dvorak in Syllable who has found [ and ] generate weird characters (or none at all), the reason seems to be that the entries for those scancodes are incorrect in the Dvorak.map template.

I made a patch to fix this, but code formatting seems disabled on the forums for now, so for the sake of sanity i put it on my webshare: http://foxmoxie.org/~doneill/dvorak.patch

Once you've made the changes in the original Dvorak.map here (from the Syllable source), rebuild the keymap with something like: [code]keymapconv Dvorak.map Dvorak[/code] and then copy [b]Dvorak[/b] to [b]/system/keymaps/[/b].
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for that patch! It looks good and I'll check it into CVS. Does the same issue apply to the Dvorak-left-hand and Dvorak-right-hand maps?
doneill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm not sure, I don't know them unfortunately...

Good question though... (wanders off to check the .map files)

...(wanders back to browser)

Both left and right-handed layouts look good. (If you're curious, they are almost completely different layouts than Dvorak or each other for that matter!) I compared the scancodes to Dvorak.map and used http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard#One-handed_versions as my reference.

Though like I said, I don't know these layouts/don't use them, so I can't vouch for the rest of their accuracy (and really until somebody mentions it, it really is a moot issue I think).
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, good research. I checked it into CVS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Bugs - Fixed All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: