Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why was private messaging disabled?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataualpa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Why was private messaging disabled? Reply with quote

I have two incoming PM but I can't wright tham, because you there have disabled privat messaging. Why? And how can I read them?
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it was disabled because this forum is overrun by spam. I deleted a spammer and its message just now, and have to do so almost every day. It's discussed in the Spam thread a few topics away from this thread:

http://forum.syllable.org/viewtopic.php?t=1554

Private messaging was the first thing we had to disable, because we don't know when spam happens there and so can't clean it up. Unfortunately, phpBB offers no way to read your old messages, but if you still have unread ones, they must be very old, from before we disabled them - and they're probably spam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: