Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MesaLib

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogomips

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: MesaLib Reply with quote

Hello,

Yesterday, I compiled MesaLib (FBdev) under Server 0.4. Everything is ok. I got libGL, libGLU, and even libOSMesa. Smile
Do you know the way to use the OpenGL with SDL without hardware acceleration, please ?
When I run a "small" game like SuperTux for example, I have this message: OpenGL not available.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I've never tried a GL SDL program yet, so I'm not sure what the considerations are. I would start by compiling it on another Linux with X (in my case I would use our graphical version of Syllable Server). Once you know how that works, you can compare it with Server without X.

Thinking about it, you probably have to recompile SDL to get a version that knows about Mesa3D.

You should then get hardware acceleration. For just software rendering, you could compile PicoGL, but it's not compatible with SDL GL programs.
Bogomips

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, I'm trying to create a mini distribution based on FBdev. I used Slax as a base. Then, I removed Xorg (and libX11) completely and I recompiled SDL (FBdev+DirectFB+Xynth) and Gtk2 without X11.
I have already compiled MesaLib but for "libglut", I recompiled libX11, libXext and even libXrender but not Xorg. I managed to run OpenGL animations (without SDL code inside) directly into the console.
It works fine but I can not use SDL + OpenGL. However, I recompiled SDL with OpenGL support but not GLX and I'm stuck. Now, I try to do the same with Server 0.4.
For SDL and OpenGL, I have the same problem with DirectFB.
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, maybe SDL with Mesa3D has a dependency on X, although it shouldn't have. I wouldn't compile any X parts, because it may well make the other parts think that X is available. You won't be able to use X parts or GLX without the X server, anyway.
Bogomips

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a small (and bad) video to show Mesa on FBdev (without DirectFB) with Slax in a graphical console (vesafb) with a fixed resolution of 1280x1024x16 and without hardware acceleration:

https://sites.google.com/site/syllablefrance/videos/fbdev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Syllable Server All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: