Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Community Edition 1st Release
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I was afraid the site was gone.

The apology is mutual. I have also been very busy, and didn't get around yet to properly announcing your distribution.

Glad you like our Red work. Smile Not sure if you noticed there's now an interpreter that runs directly on Syllable. You can download it here:

http://red.esperconsultancy.nl/Red-test/doc/trunk/Syllable/Red/red-core
nos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kaj"]
I have also been very busy, and didn't get around yet to properly announcing your distribution.

[/quote]

After following this site for a number of years I have a lot of respect for your decisions. If you never get round to it fine by me Very Happy

I follow the Alt-me public posts on Red it's currently stuck on the 15th of march. Sometimes they take a while for them update. A lot of good stuff in there a little confused on what runs on Syllable due to - Rebol 2 does not currently run on Syllable does it? So how much of Red works. Of course when Red self-hosts or even if the R3 port matures that will be huge!!!

So I have not tried the Interpreter. I had trouble doing the Rebol 3 update for Syllable got a couple of errors. I did not report them they did not seem major and might be fixed if I did a clean install cause I was due after doing Jazz. Which brings me to. I am currently uploading JazzLight (2 hours to go my upload speed sucks). It's the same as Jazz but minus the extra stuff like documentation, games to compile etc. All of the build environment is still there and comes in almost 200Mb smaller. I have not tested it yet but I need a clean install anyway Very Happy

I might need to do a reset on the community wiki. putting the website back up was easy and feels a lot more enjoyable then doing documentation. I guess I am not that kind of guy.
nos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevelopersPackA.zip added to site contains the following.

Python-2.5.1-2.i586.resource
boost-1.35.0-1.i586.resource
CMake-2.8.4-1.i586.resource
LibraryXML2-2.7.8-1.i586.resource
libsigcplusplus-2.0.18-1.i586.resource
glib-2.14.4-1.i586.resource
fontconfig-2.5.0-1.i586.resource
ImLib2-1.4.0-i586.resource
sdl-gfx-2-0-22.resource
freetype-2.3.5-1.i586.resource
yasm-0.7.1-1.i586.resource
PDCurses_3_4.resource
LibPNG-1.2.37-1.i586.resource
lua-5.1.1-1.i586.resource
expat-2.0.0-1.i586.resource
libmpeg2-0.4.1-1.i586.resource
c-ares-1.3.2-1.i586.resource
libid3tag-0.15.1b-1.i586.resource
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!

Yes, REBOL 2 doesn't run on Syllable Desktop, so I was always focusing on REBOL 3. The Red compilers run on R2, so you need to cross-compile to Syllable. But because there's now a Red interpreter, it runs directly on Syllable, without the need for REBOL. The port of the compilers to R3 is also interesting, but it's unfinished and it will be temporary, until Red is self-hosting. The compilers will then also run directly on Syllable.

If you install Syllable 0.6.7, it will already include REBOL 3. You also need 0.6.7 to run Red, due to the new memory management functions. The Red interpreter for Syllable is complete, but it can't use all of the available bindings because not all of those libraries are ported to Syllable. It does include my bindings for the C library, ReadLine/LibHistory, cURL and SQLite (also included in 0.6.7).
nos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one was to try and include the interpreter in Jazz since it's a binary how would one go about something like that. Would one just need to copy it to the application folder or enter system build mode. The biggest question how does it need to be registered or does it need to be registered at all.
nos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guessing I would just use any Application zip file as an example. The interpreter is not getting start through the R3 console is it.
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Red interpreter has nothing to do with REBOL. Just copy the binary I linked above into the /system/bin/ folder. That way it's in the system's search path.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Community Project All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: