Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Founder myth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronaldlees

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why the original author doesn't seem to care about it. That's maybe the strangest thing about Syllable.

Anyway, I've been hopping back and forth between this project and Visopsys. The Visopsys.org project is another very attractive project that is starting to gain some traction. Recently I've been using QEMU, GDB, and Emacs together to single step the Visopsys kernel, in an attempt to help its author ferret out some nagging little interrupt issues. He's just now moving from PIC to APIC, and there's apparently something related to the interrupt subsystem that occasionally pops up. It's the kind of thing that's hard to diagnose with ANY debugging tools. But he's a dedicated guy. He'll get it done.

Meanwhile, I'll probably try playing with the syllable kernel in approximately the same way, just for fun.

- Later
Ron
Ronaldlees

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By original author, I mean of Atheos
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt is our mythical founder, who flew off into the skies, literally. AtheOS used to be his private project, and he always had a strained relationship with the community that formed. He published the project, but couldn't really get himself to let others in on it. His interests were already diverging when Syllable emerged. We can guess that he was disappointed and didn't feel like competing with his own creation, but we really don't know. His project was AtheOS, not Syllable, so it's not surprising that he doesn't relate to what happens in Syllable. He may even have continued AtheOS privately; we just don't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Syllable Desktop All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: