Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

syllable appsever with desktop for linux posible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skywaker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: syllable appsever with desktop for linux posible? Reply with quote

hi syllable follks. i see there is allways interest on syllable desktop, and i allways look what is new on this. are there any plans or maybe different question is posible port syllable appsever (gui) to linux framebuffer or X ? maybe this would help keep syllable alive. something equal have haiku comunity with project cosmoe, thx.

pls tell me what will be main proble mwith porting

maybe doing some abstraction layer like linux-syll when will be only meta functions providing needed function for appsever to do work on linux ? its posible? i see there will be needed only filesystem func and for linux framebuffer -> maybe LinuxSDL-FB will be good choice for that. what do you think?
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We started this project around 2007 as a strategic subproject. It is still available from our development site:

https://bitbucket.org/Vanders/libs

A vocal part of our community used this and a few of our other initiatives at the time as an excuse to blow up the community, and almost the Syllable project itself. Those people are gone now, so if anyone wants to continue this project, it's all still here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: