Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Semaphores and pthreads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronaldlees

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Semaphores and pthreads Reply with quote

@Bogomips: I downloaded your FLTK toolkit resource file, because I want to be able to use FLDigi (a ham radio program) on Syllable. FLDigi takes audio (from ham, shortwave, etc) - and decodes various digital communication formats). It uses OSS for audio processing (which I understand is OK on Syllable).

Since FLDigi and one of its main dependencies (libsamplerate) were not to be found in the existing resource repo, I obtained the sources for them. Libsamplerate compiled with no issues, simply by making sure that I exported the pkgconfig environment variable:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/indexes/lib/pkgconfig::

FLDigi stops on a "semaphore.h" not found error. I found a semaphore.h file in the sys directory, but it seems that is for native semaphores. FLDigi needs POSIX semaphores. I thought Syllable was POSIX compliant.

Any ideas about what I can do?
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you need an extra include path parameter to find the POSIX semaphore.h. I'll check with my Syllable installation later.

Do you need audio input? That isn't specifically implemented on Syllable.
Ronaldlees

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kaj:

I'm not sure why I think Syllable has OSS sound. Anyway, I do see my audio device in /dev:

/dev/audio/es1370
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time remembering, too. Smile Most audio drivers are ported ALSA drivers, but I think some were OSS.
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no posix/semaphore.h. I'm starting to remember from my work on POSIX threads that Syllable probably has no POSIX semaphores. I was surprised, too, that we could have gone this long without them. GLibC has sys/sem.h but I doubt that's what's needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Syllable Desktop All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: