Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EFileBrowser, binary?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cipri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: EFileBrowser, binary? Reply with quote

I ask myself when Jonas will release the binary from his latest EFileBrowser. He just made use currios by showing us a video about it. Confused
Jonas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, sorry for that. I have been very busy with the startup of my webshop. If there is any consolation I have now also added a thumbnail mode. I'll see if I can find the time to throw out a copy of EFileBrowser and oCADis later today or during the weekend.
Jonas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure if I dont release the sources now I will probably forget. So here are they:

http://www.jarvoll.se/syllable/files/ocadis_20071017.zip
Unzip, change to the directory and write "./efilebrowser"

http://www.jarvoll.se/syllable/files/efilebrowser_20071017.zip
Unzip, change to the directory and write "./src/ocadis"

Please note that these are development versions and neither EFileBrowser or (especially) oCADis are ready for serious work.

I think EFileBrowser is quite easy to start work with, no need at this stage for a manual. oCADis is of course a little more tricker but hopefully you get the hang of it.

Some tips for oCADis:
- You need a mouse with a wheel button. Using the wheel you zoom in and out of your drawing and you pan (move) the drawing by pressing the wheel and move the mouse.
- You can enter coordinates manually in appriate textview. oCADis also ha ndles calculation so you can enter something like 10+10/2. Press enter moves the cursor to the next entry, ie. click first in the X box, type your value, press enter and the cursor will be moved to Y. Type your Y-value and press enter again to make oCADis accept your new items.
- In the menu View/Dialogs you find many things that can help you improve your drawing: layers, object snap points, snap/grid etc.
- Load and save should work fairly OK.
- Load and save in any other format than oCADis is not supported yet!

As both EFilebrowser and oCADis are in development phase there is no need to send any bug reports. I know there are quite lot of features still missing and there will take time before the applications are anywhere near beta. But I appreciate any comments or feedback regarding the GUI and workflow in oCADis.
cipri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much. Smile
Flemming

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jonas, I've looked forward to this, and was thinking about mailing you, to get a binary I could play with Smile
cipri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried copying an object with ocadis. I used shift-click for marking more than one element, and I noticed that that line was not marked after the shift-click, I had to move at first the mouse and after that it was marked.
I possible solution for that is to generate a MouseMove event after the line was selected by clicking. For example you can use that function (I also use it in Puri), it's perhaps not the best solution, but it works quite well. This is only a suggestion.

void GenMouseMoveEvent(void)
{
Point cPoint;
uint32 nButtons;
GetMouse(&cPoint, &nButtons);
SetMousePos( cPoint );
}
Jonas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cipri. Im aware about the problem but it isnt a high priority thing to fix. But now I have a "patch" and will integrate your function in oCADis when I got the time.
NecroRomancist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonas congrats....Efilebrowser is amazing Smile
Jonas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile Now I just need to find some free time to finish it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Syllable Desktop All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: