Syllable Forum Index Syllable
Syllable Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emulators

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Emulators Reply with quote

From the old forum I know NecroRomancist worked on some emulators. I know dosbox is out but I am wondering if there are any binary's for the others.

From memory I think they were an N64,Snes and an amiga emulator.
Also is the a binary somewhere for the Ceferino SDL game. I see in the screen shots section it was running on Syllable 0.6.3

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Kaj
The Knights of Syllable

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I haven't had time yet to integrate those emulators in Builder and make packages. We do have Bochs, though.

Ceferino is also from Necro. I don't know where he had the package, but it's already in Builder, so if you have a development environment set up you can build it yourself.
NecroRomancist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
About Ceferino i believe i sent a binary package to BurningShadow a while back.
About mupen64, Nintendo64 emulator, i have a patch but i intended to work a bit more on it Smile (don't remember if i did send that to Kaj). Qemu had some conflicts with Syllable's glibc (symbol being defined twice) so it doesn't quite work yet..
E-UAE, the amiga emulator, works but without, a gui which makes a bit difficult to configure.
Gngeo, neo geo emulator, also works Smile
Zsnes in on builder.
A while back i found online a PSX emulator,gpse (http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gpse/), which mainly uses sdl and could be fairly easily be ported to Syllable, but i haven't worked on that Smile.
I've been rather busy with university work and my masters, so work and no fun Smile

All the best
nos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kaj"]Sorry, I haven't had time yet to integrate those emulators in Builder and make packages. We do have Bochs, though.

Ceferino is also from Necro. I don't know where he had the package, but it's already in Builder, so if you have a development environment set up you can build it yourself.[/quote]

No need to apologize thanks for all your hard work on the much more important stuff. Very Happy

Necro that is great work with the emulators. I did not know about the Neo geo one. Double thumbs up Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Syllable Forum Index -> Syllable Desktop All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: