Joined: 17 Sep 2007
|Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:59 am Post subject: bug 189 Mouse text cursor becomes stuck
|Bug Id ?
189 / [Show Bug History]
Syllable / 0.6.3
Duplicate Of ?
- none -
Mouse text cursor becomes stuck
Report Time ?
March 19, 2007 03:02:27 PM
- none -
- none -
For: 0 (0%)
Against: 0 (0%)
March 19, 2007 03:02:27 PM Mar
The "I" text cursor sometimes becomes stuck and continues to be displayed long after when the GUI should have reverted back to the standard "pointer" mouse cursor.
March 19, 2007 03:12:59 PM Bill Hacker
May or may not be related - had a 'normal' cursor (not previously used as an I-beam), get briefly stuck with an artifact about 1 cm away from it, neither responding. Returned to normal after a few seconds moving the mouse. Cannot recall what else was afoot at the time, but had just logged-in.
Do we need a 'spinning beachball of death'?
April 27, 2007 03:46:17 PM Morph
Here's one reproducible instance of the bug:
* activate 'Address' dock plugin
* set Dock's position to left or right of screen
* move the mouse onto the (very small) address textview - I-bar cursor appears
* move the mouse down and through the bottom of the textview - I-bar cursor remains, even when mouse is moved off the dock
* move the mouse back on to the Address plugin textview and then move the mouse up and out of the address plugin through the top edge - now the I-bar disappears and normal arrow reappears. This seems to be the only way to restore the cursor.
This only happens when the dock is vertical, and the textview is too small - possibly because the textview is overlapped by some other views, and the appropriate MOUSE_EXITED events aren't reaching the textview.
May 4, 2007 06:24:30 PM aklenke
Please try one of the last weekly builds. I could not reproduce the bug.
Powered by Bugdar 1.1.4
Copyright ę2002 - 2007, Blue Static